Welcome to Highgate Wood School, a school which values all
its members. We are a truly comprehensive school, and work
hard to ensure that everybody is encouraged to achieve their
We want everyone to feel welcome, safe and secure in the
school and believe that each of us has a valuable
contribution to make to the school community and its
Our core values are embodied in the 4Cs
- Courtesy, Consideration,
Cooperation, and Contribution, the traditional human values
of Respect and Honesty and the values bound up within a
Growth Mindset: Perseverance and Hard Work. It is
through these values that we bring to life our mission
statement: "Making a positive difference to students'
achievements and experiences, maintaining the highest
expectations and inspiring self belief."
The school seeks to create an environment in which all
• Achieve their full potential, including the highest
standards of academic achievement.
• Feel valued and value others.
• Become confident, self-reliant and caring members of
• Understand themselves and develop a critical awareness of
the world in which they live.
• Work in a learning environment in which they feel safe and
• Make maximum use of the technology available to assist
• Have pride in their environment, work hard, behave
respectfully and succeed.